Easy fix for a quick, nutritious and delicious start to your day! It’s a busy morning and you want pancakes. But who has time to make pancakes? This is a super quick way to satisfy that pancake craving!! It’s simple, nutritious, and delicious! We all love making those incredible, fluffy pancakes… but most of the time there is just no time! These pancakes are a favourite of mine. They are quick to prep and quick to make. Egg and oatmeal is an excellent way to start your day! Eggs are high in protein, contain B6, B12, and vitamins D, E, and K. Moreover, they are a source of iron and calcium! Oatmeal, on the other hand, contains antioxidants, which decrease one’s risk of many types of cancer, and decreases one’s chances of infection. Oatmeal is also extremely filling, so it makes you less likely to snack! Give this pancake recipe a try, you won’t regret it!!
- 1 package instant oatmeal (I like the gluten free instant Quaker oatmeal, Bob’s Red Mill rolled oats, or other gluten free oatmeal of choice)
- 1 or 2 eggs, to one’s preference
- OPTIONAL: Add 1 tbsp milk of choice (if desired; this is a good idea to add if you only use 1 egg); you can use cow’s milk, almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk, or any other milk alternatives
1. Add the oatmeal and eggs into a bowl, and mix well.
2. If you need to, add milk.
3. Mix again.
4. Place on pan, cook on high.
5. Allow both sides of the pancake to turn slightly golden brown. Once this has been achieved on both sides, it is ready to eat!
6. Bon appetite!
*Some nutritious and delicious additions: cut up banana, strawberries, or any side of fruit. For those with a sweet tooth, I highly recommend drizzling some maple syrup!