Paleo, High protein and fiber, no bake! It is always a challenge finding a recipe for cookie dough that can accommodate not only celiac individuals, but also those suffering from other food allergies, such as eggs, dairy products, soy, sesame, and so many more! After doing a lot of research, I discovered that not only could I make cookie dough that didn’t require baking, but it could also be a source of protein! I’m a huge fan of peanut butter, so it is truly no surprise that I love making this! It’s a great snack, especially after workouts! Not only is it delicious, but it is so good for you! The chickpeas are great for controlling blood sugar levels, protecting against heart disease, providing important vitamins and minerals! On top of that, it is high in protein, fiber, and is vegan and paleo-friendly. It is quick to make, and can be kept in the fridge for up to about a week! So here it is, NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH!!!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (add more peanut butter based on liking, I like more)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp almond milk (I like vanilla flavoured)
- chocolate chips (I like semi sweet, and I add based on how much chocolate I want!)
*For best consistency, I recommend using Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter, rather than natural PB.
1. Drain the chickpeas, try to get as much water out of them as possible prior to mashing.
2. Mash the chickpeas in a container.
3. Add the peanut butter.
4. Add the almond milk.
5. Mix the ingredients together vigorously.
6. Add the vanilla extract and brown sugar.
7. Mix again.
8. Add chocolate chips as desired!!!
9. Mix well!
10. Store in fridge.