Easy fix for a quick, nutritious and delicious start to your day! It’s a busy morning and you want pancakes. But who has time to make pancakes? This is a super quick way to satisfy that pancake craving!! It’s simple, nutritious, and delicious! We all love making those incredible, fluffy pancakes… but most of the time there is just no time! These pancakes are a favourite of mine. They are quick to prep and quick to make. Egg and oatmeal is an excellent way to start your day! Eggs are high in protein, contain B6, B12, and vitamins D, E, and K. Moreover, they are a source of iron and calcium! Oatmeal, on the other hand, contains antioxidants, which decrease one’s risk of many types of cancer, and decreases one’s chances of infection. Oatmeal is also extremely filling, so it makes you less likely to snack! Give this pancake recipe a try, you won’t regret it!!
- 1 package instant oatmeal (I like the gluten free instant Quaker oatmeal, Bob’s Red Mill rolled oats, or other gluten free oatmeal of choice)
- 1 or 2 eggs, to one’s preference
- OPTIONAL: Add 1 tbsp milk of choice (if desired; this is a good idea to add if you only use 1 egg); you can use cow’s milk, almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk, or any other milk alternatives
1. Add the oatmeal and eggs into a bowl, and mix well.
2. If you need to, add milk.
3. Mix again.
4. Place on pan, cook on high.
5. Allow both sides of the pancake to turn slightly golden brown. Once this has been achieved on both sides, it is ready to eat!
6. Bon appetite!
*Some nutritious and delicious additions: cut up banana, strawberries, or any side of fruit. For those with a sweet tooth, I highly recommend drizzling some maple syrup!
Paleo, High protein and fiber, no bake! It is always a challenge finding a recipe for cookie dough that can accommodate not only celiac individuals, but also those suffering from other food allergies, such as eggs, dairy products, soy, sesame, and so many more! After doing a lot of research, I discovered that not only could I make cookie dough that didn’t require baking, but it could also be a source of protein! I’m a huge fan of peanut butter, so it is truly no surprise that I love making this! It’s a great snack, especially after workouts! Not only is it delicious, but it is so good for you! The chickpeas are great for controlling blood sugar levels, protecting against heart disease, providing important vitamins and minerals! On top of that, it is high in protein, fiber, and is vegan and paleo-friendly. It is quick to make, and can be kept in the fridge for up to about a week! So here it is, NO BAKE COOKIE DOUGH!!!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (add more peanut butter based on liking, I like more)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp almond milk (I like vanilla flavoured)
- chocolate chips (I like semi sweet, and I add based on how much chocolate I want!)
*For best consistency, I recommend using Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter, rather than natural PB.
1. Drain the chickpeas, try to get as much water out of them as possible prior to mashing.
2. Mash the chickpeas in a container.
3. Add the peanut butter.
4. Add the almond milk.
5. Mix the ingredients together vigorously.
6. Add the vanilla extract and brown sugar.
7. Mix again.
8. Add chocolate chips as desired!!!
9. Mix well!
10. Store in fridge.
-1 cauliflower head (remove leaves)
-salt and pepper
-Daiya mozzarella cheese (grated)
-EXTRA TOPPINGS: You may wish to top with mushrooms, olives, extra cheese (ie goat cheese, feta cheese, onions, green peppers, etc.)
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 fahrenheit.
2. Cut up the cauliflower into smallest pieces possible. Cut off leaves, or any pieces of stem that are very hard (I did use some of the stem, just cut into very small pieces).
3. Put cut cauliflower into blender. Blend well. Should be in fine pieces when finished!
4. Put cauliflower into microwavable bowl. Put in microwave for 4-5 minutes.
5. Allow cauliflower to cool. Then drain excess water (I used paper towel/towel) to get rid of as much of the excess water as possible.
6. Put into bowl, add 2 eggs. Mix well.
7. Put onto pizza plank (or oven tray- if you do so, be sure to spray the pan to avoid pizza crust from sticking).
8. Put in crust for 15 minutes.
9. Take out, add tomato sauce and sprinkle on cheese and additional toppings of preference.
10. Place back in oven for 5-6 minutes.
A recipe created by the team at The Skin Skope